Monday, July 4, 2011

Socks! Knit Them!



I knit those! I'm pretty excited to have knit a pair of socks, even if it is sandal weather right now.  I was not sure that I would be able to master knitting a pair of socks, but it was a lot easier and more fun than I thought.  Working with tiny needles was not so unpleasant, because a sock is small, too.  Learning to turn the heel was relatively simple.  Now that I've knit two, I understand the basics of sock construction, and I think I could handle lots of neat sock patterns.  So, if you've been thinking about knitting socks, but have been intimidated by the tiny needles or the prospect of turning the heel, let me tell you that you should try it!  I found lots of simple free patterns online, and lots of helpful advice.  If I can do it, you can, too!

1 comment: