Monday, May 30, 2011

Denim Bag




This morning I made this denim bag using the directions found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0

This bag is styled after a plastic shopping bag, but made with cloth.  I used the legs of a worn out pair of jeans for the outside, and some denim leftovers for the inside. The bag turned out really nice, except that the opening is a bit small.  Otherwise, I really liked this pattern, especially because all the seams come out nicely finished with no ratty edges.  I think this patter could make a cute handbag if you picked some nice fabric!

Cute as it is, though, I plan to put this bag in the car to use as a garbage bag.  Since I'm trying not to bring new plastic bags into my house there has been a lack of garbage bags for the car.  I made this bag out of two layers of denim so that it will be both heavy duty and washable.  We'll see how it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment