Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Scrappy Knitted Dino!

I just knitted this dinosaur.  I mostly followed the pattern found here http://www.xtreme-knitting.com/photos-dinosaurs.htm I had a little trouble with his head, which wants to droop down.  I made several supporting stitches at the base of his neck to encourage the head to stay back.  I also think his neck should be a little thicker at the base, but overall, he's pretty happy.  The reason he is a scrappy dino is the yarn.  This skein of yarn was originally purchased by a friend to make a dragon.  The rest was given to me to incorporate into a blanket (almost done!).  I had a medium ball left over, and this is the result!  I think I still have enough to make another dino, maybe a stegosaurus? 

2 comments:

  1. Your knitting is an inspiration, I tell you! Awesome dino, so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was given to Sharon and named the Good-Luck-O-Saur. Apparently he even got to sit in on Sharon's master's defense. Lucky dino!

    ReplyDelete