Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Psychedelic Squares Blanket!

Psychedelic Dude!  I finally finished this blanket!  Here's a picture of it tossed over my couch, complete with a kitty who is grumpy with the flash from my camera!  Noella made, kitty approved.

This blanket consists of squares knit from the pattern found here: http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/garter.htm The squares themselves are easy to knit, you just need bunches of them to make a blanket.  I took four and sewed them together to make a big square.  I then crocheted around the edge of each square, and finally crocheted them all together.  It was a big project, but I finally used up some cheap yarn that I've been dragging around with me since high school.  In addition, I used some scraps from recent projects, and scraps stolen from friends stashes.  I used all different kinds of yarn, but all about worsted weight.  I like the feel of the different kinds of yarn next to each other, some are very soft, some are more coarse; it makes an interesting blanket!  Best of all, my yarn stash is many skeins smaller now, having been replaced with a snuggly blanket.  I'm still finding ways to use up the bits and ends that I have left, and I suspect that more softies (like the dino) are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment