Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hello World

Hello world!  With this, my first foray into the blog-o-sphere, I'd like to write about what I'd like to write about. 

I'd like to write about things in my life that others might find useful.   As a 20-something I'm just getting started managing so many details in my life--my kitchen, my laundry, my shopping, etc.  Lately I've been concerned with trying to live more simply, using less stuff, and finding eco-friendly ways to live.  I figure that other people are also learning to manage life, so maybe someone will find my discoveries useful. I get a lot of good advice from people on the internet, so I hope I can add some of my ideas to the mix, and just collect things that work for me in one place for others to check out.

Of course, I have lots of other interests--crafting, reading web comics, thinking, using up scraps, misusing punctuation for interesting effect--all of which will probably turn up here eventually.  I'm sure to write about lots of projects for using scraps, and that's why I'm calling this blog Happy Scrappies.  Thanks to my office mates for coming up with that term for the pile of one sided paper we use for mathematical scratch work!

Mostly, I want a place to put collected thoughts that I want to share.  About living simply, about crafting, about philosophy.  Along the way, I hope that I manage to put something out into the big wide world web that someone finds helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment